Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community, to meet new people, and to have fun in the process? The Museum is now accepting volunteers! We have programs and activities for volunteers of all ages and abilities. Here are just a few of the options available:
- School Tours: Help guide local school children through the Museum and help with crafts
- After School Enrichment (Middle School ): Help with activities for our GAP after-school program
- Oral History Project: If you are willing to help transcribe historic oral interviews from Colleton County, please give us a call.
- Weekly Projects: Volunteer at The Museum once a week and help with current projects.
- Collections/Archives: Help organize and catalogue our Collections and Archive areas.
- Event Set-up and Clean-up: Staff events and exhibit openings.
- Greeting: Welcome visitors to The Museum and give a brief overview of the current exhibits.
- Scout Coordinator: Develop badge programs for Boy and Girl Scouts.
- Farmers Market Assistant: Assist with set-up and closing of the Market and/or facilitating sales during the Market’s open hours.
Ready to get started? Call us at (843) 549-2303 or email at [email protected] if you have any questions or want to learn more about how you can get involved.
A big thank you to Museum Volunteer Peter Martin and intern Perry Ramsey, both of whom are valuable to the Museum/Market.
Come See Us!
506 E. Washington St.
Walterboro, SC 29488
Email:[email protected]Museum Hours
Tuesday: Noon until 6 p.m.
Wed. -- Fri: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m - 2 p.m.